To make your stay at the Whitsundays memorable, you have the option to go for the overnight sailing trips. What can be more enthralling than spending a whole night in the waters of Whitsundays?
You can take your boat into the calm waters and sleep in the gentle rowing of the waves of the seas. Charting your own course to be part of action and adventure by yourself on a bareboat is simply an incredible experience. Alternatively you can select your own crew for your chartered vessel, ocean racer, or tall-ship. You can also get yourself a luxury launch or a premium yacht where you can lay back and experience the tranquility of nature. This is what makes the Whitsundays Australia’s sailing paradise.
Types of Tours
The Bareboats are meant to allow tourists enjoy skippering themselves on chartered boats. There are many operators around the Whitsundays which provide flotilla ships for tourists. They also have yachts, catamarans and motor launches of varying sizes for people chartering a bareboat. The best part is that you do not need a license to be able to make the most of the bareboat experience. However, at least one of your crew members must have a sailing experience.
Similarly, you can go for the crewed charters or yachts as an alternative to bareboat. There are different kinds of classic yachts and ketches or double-masted yachts to charter. You can also try the racing yachts, traditional tallships and motor cruisers. If you are an adventurous person, this way you get to hoist your sails to feel the adventure of being in Whitsunday seas sailing with grace in classic yachts. You can also try hiring a crew while you lay back and enjoy the seas without doing any hard work.
When you hire cruises you may also get the offer for a variety of accommodation plans. These include the plan with a bunk-style cruiser, and the private ensuited cabins as well. The best part is that all the cruises include meals and snorkeling. Some cruises also offer a variety of diving options as an extra for those who can afford it. You must bear in mind that these sailing trips vary from one boat to another. This is why it is highly recommended that you seek advice from local travel professionals to help you in choosing the right vessel for you.
Costs of Overnight Sailing Trips
The prices of cruise operators are very affordable. Based on the variety of options available the prices may vary with each operator. For instance, the Cumberland Charter Yachts operators have price ranges from $357 to$1,084. The Sunsail Australia cruise operators offer their cruises ranging from $420 to $1,415. For a slightly higher price, the Whitsundays Escape cruise charter operators offer the best for $550 to $1,600. Also known for their best services and luxurious cruisers the Whitsundays Private Yacht has prices ranging from $480 to $1,700. The Queensland Yacht Charters have prices ranging from $400 to $1,750. The Charter Yacht Australia has a price range of $400 to $1,800. Similarly the Whitsunday Rent A Yacht Charter has affordable packages ranging from $450 to $ 1,890.
Depending on your needs you can charter which ever suits you best. They all will make your holidays worth the while.
Sailing Tour Inclusions
- The Cumberland Charter Yachts hire catamarans, yachts and motor cruisers in the Queensland Whitsunday Islands. They have Beneteau Yachts and Sailing Catamarans. The Sailing Catamarans (ranging from three to five star vessels and can accommodate as many as ten people. Additionally they have the Power Catamarans which also have air conditioning in them. The vessels are also stocked with linen, snorkelling gears, cooking utensils and awnings. All you need to do is provide the crew and the food.
- The Sunsail Australia is the one and only yacht charter company on the glorious Hamilton Island. They have over thirty yachts and catamarans with experienced professional staff members. The Sunsail also provides its customers with the most beautiful and exhilarating cruising areas in Whitsundays. They have their own ways of making you and your family and friends comfortable on you adventurous journey.
- The Whitsundays Escape has its own specialty with the skipper bareboat charters. They have thirty modern vessels which include the Sailing Yachts, Power Cruisers, Power Catamarans, and Sailing Catamarans. They have made sure that all their cruises are well equipped with a galley, gas barbecue, refrigeration, CD player, AM/FM Stereo, iPod connection, cockpit shade, cabins, and electric anchor winch, and a rigid inflatable dingy. Their requirement is that chartering must be for a minimum of five days. Moreover, they make sure that arrivals and departures from the Hamilton Island and others are catered for.
- The Whitsunday Private Yacht Charters have luxury yachts, catamarans and motor cruisers for explorers. They offer a Three Night Escape and the Romantic Getaway package for four nights onboard a luxury yacht. These are followed by pampering at a luxury island resort making your trip really amazing. This is similar to the Whitsunday Rent A Yacht Charter operators and no boat license is required. With a fleet of well maintained vessels which include twenty seven Monohulls and Catamarans the Queensland Yacht Charterers are remarkable. They also have the new Premium vessels which have equipment to make you comfortable and at the same time the cruises are affordable. You can even hire cooks if you want to. They are a multi award winning which has been well established for more than twenty five years. They also a highly experienced staff are very reliable and make sure you are comfortable at all times. You can skipper yourself with a little prior knowledge on boating and sailing.
- The Charter Yachts Australia is also one of the best chartering operators in Whitsundays. You can have crewed yachts, catamarans and power boats within your budgets. They even have the Catalina 32 sailing yacht which is ideal for a romantic time on sea. It can also accommodate as many as ten people. The cruises are well equipped for snorkelling and diving in the best coral reefs.
Time period (nights)
The yachts and cruises are available for tourists for durations of one night to six nights, so it is up to the tourist to decide on how long they plan on exploring the Whitsundays.
Overnight sailing is most definitely a unique experience for anyone. This is the time when you get to spend hours under the star lit skies of Australia, surrounded by natural waters and aquatic life. The adventures and sailing in Whitsundays at night are unique and cannot be compared with other islands on the Antarctic Ocean. You can experience wing diving, enroll for a sailing training with the marine academy, and have tallships adventures.
An overnight sailing trip in the Whitsundays is a must do for tourists looking for a get away from the hassles in life.